Adie, Button and Partners
Stockwell Bus Garage, opened on 2nd April 1952, was designed to hold up to two hundred vehicles serving a variety of central and south west London routes.
Listed Grade 11* in 1988 it is one of the finest examples of post war modernist architecture. The 393 ft long roof is supported by ten shallow “two-hinged” arched ribs. The cantilevered barrel vaults have skylights running the full width of the garage which together with windows in the side walls and wide entrances bathes the interior with natural light.